Here’s an important Southern MD rental property management tip that will help secure your investment. Water damage can greatly diminish and even destroy a home’s value. From a leaky roof to water-stained ceiling and walls to the quality of air, water damage can cause major problems for a homeowner. We see this very commonly in the Chesapeake Ranch Estates in Lusby.
Staying true to a maintenance program can prevent your property from taking on water damage. Hiring a qualified inspector to perform the following program will ensure your property stays free from water damage.
- Make sure all vents have an exhaust to the exterior of the property and be equipped with the appropriate hoods.
- Humidity in your property should be between 30 and 50 percent, except in specialized facilities. Humidity may be too high if you observe stains on ceilings and walls, condensation on windows, and musty smells.
- The expansion joints on your property absorb movement between walls, bricks and pipes. When these joints aren’t in good condition water intrusion may occur.
- Sealants a flashings should be inspected to keep them in good condition. Both are designed to prevent water intrusion.
- HVAC systems should be inspected for leakage and condensation. Drain lines can also become obstructed and cause flooding.
- Frequently dry all surfaces where moisture collects, including the dishwasher, washing machine, refrigerator, hot water heater and air conditioning units.
For peace of mind in regards to ensuring your property is constantly monitored for water damage contact Real Property Management Gold in Southern MD. We have professionals on call that will ensure your property is maintained professionally alleviating worry even when you are away.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.